High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handling all staffing responsibilities, including hiring, training, scheduling, and terminating Assisting in purchasing all food, beverage and supplies and overseeing use of food and beverages within required dates and with a minimum of waste, monthly inventories
- Supervising staff in terms of food preparation, customer service, cleaning, and repairs to restaurant and grounds
- Promoting cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees Delivering excellent customer service including personally greeting and seating guests Resolving complaints from customers in a polite, friendly manner
- Performing daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment and to ensure that food is cooked properly; addressing engineering problems involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment
- Participating in training about standardized policies and conferring weekly with owner management about restaurant operations
- Administering payroll and maintaining records of sales and cash receipts including related areas of accounting, budgeting, credit policies, and banking methods
- Providing regular, accurate, computerized reports of operations to owner management
- Helping with duties of other employees (e.g., cashier, server, cook, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume
- Responding to customer and community interests to develop marketing and advertising
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred;
- Successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.