Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for front-end management to help to direct and oversee all activities of a restaurant in accordance with standardized policies in order to provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the in-store trainers
- Manage the hiring center and ensure the upkeep of training materials including all updates.
- Ensures all standards of service and policies and procedures of bartender are being met
- Ensuring quality of service and beverages
- All new information/changes are shared with the bar associates in a timely manner utilizing bar lead
- Resolving complaints from customers in a polite, friendly manner
- Bar associate coaching and developing
- All bar appraisals are timely and updated
- Manages all inventory and ordering providing accurate inventory counts, being held accountable for ensuring all beverage costs and meet set goals
- Providing regular, accurate, computerized reports of operations to general manager
- Helping with duties of other employees (e.g., cashier, server, cook, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume
- Maximizes all profit centers by effectively utilizing all management systems
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.