The Prep Cook position is responsible for the timely preparation and exhibition assembly of a fresh, quality product. The preparation is crucial to recipes being made to spec. A clean and organized work area is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepping assigned items; prepping salad mixes a minimum of twice daily or as needed; ensuring freshness of ingredients; labelling prepped ingredients with name of item, date and time prepped, and initials or preparer
- Grilling, deep frying, baking, broiling, and microwaving raw and prepped foods
- Measuring and assembling ingredients and cooking items according to recipes and menu specifications
- Maintaining cooking line in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner; returning ingredients to storage after use to ensure freshness
- Keeping uniforms and aprons “showplace clean”
- Stocking/restocking items on line according to specifications
- Washing and cleaning raw food products
- Peeling, dicing, shredding, and slicing food products using electric equipment
- Assisting in an entire team effort
- Maintaining personal health and sanitation standards (washing hands when using restroom, etc.)
- Performing other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
Previous experience in fast-paced restaurant environment preferred
Basic reading skills (to follow recipes)
Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is standing the entire shift. The employee frequently reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls in repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and carries tubs and cases weighing up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently communicate with expediters and servers and read orders on tickets. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazards including, but not limited to cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falls and burns; frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, extreme cold; frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items and frequent washing of hands.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.