Restaurant Expeditors ensure quality and proper presentation in a timely manner. Food orders are prepared and assembled quickly according to recipes and procedures to avoid waste. Line is always stocked, neat, clean and safe.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reading tickets, pulling product from window in order specified on ticket; calling side items and any special instructions, coordinating and communicating with grill cooks; remaining cautious of lead ticket time.
- Preparing recipes and plate presentations, correctly setting up according to tickets for all fried items, chips, fries, and appetizers
- Following pars accurately, and completing daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance of fryers/cheese melter; following hold time standards for all fried products
- Ensuring proper placement of side items on plate while noting any special instructions, ensuring that freshly toasted buns for burgers and sandwiches are available to grill cooks when needed, placing sets in window (if necessary)
- Confirming proper placement of product, side items, and any special instructions; placing butter in potatoes, placing brown sugar-cinnamon mixture and butter in sweet potatoes; changing plates and/or wiping excess fluids from plates and garnishes; placing order in expo window in proper order according to computer ticket
- Stocking/restocking items on line according to specifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Valid food handler’s card required
- Ability to communicate with grill cooks/servers
- Ability to reads orders on tickets
- Ability to judge quality and quantity of raw and cooked items
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.