The Service Manager is responsible for front-end management to help to direct and oversee all activities of a restaurant in accordance with standardized policies in order to provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting in hiring of servers, hosts, bussers and barbacks
- Manage the hiring center and ensure the upkeep of training materials including all updates.
- Ensures all standards of service and policies and procedures of team members are being met
- Follows up with all training schedules and objectives
- All new information/changes are shared with the team members in a timely manner
- Resolving complaints from customers in a polite, friendly manner
- Coaching and developing
- All appraisals are timely and updated
- Schedules are posted and responded to in a timely matter
- Providing regular, accurate, computerized reports of operations to general manager
- Manages the front of the house inventory, cleanliness and upkeep of the host stand, foyer and busser areas
- Maximizes all profit centers by effectively utilizing all management systems
- Challenging yourself to find innovative ways to enhance the Guest experience from a host/busser/barback perspective
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred
- Previous restaurant experience required; previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.